- Register: Writing an Accessible Lesson Plan: How to Enhance the Learning Experience for Students with disAbilities. - 9/20/2017, 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
In the modern inclusive classroom, we have many different students with many different learning needs so how can we ensure our lesson plans are accessible to all? What supports are available to ensure that all of our students receive the same content? This webinar will look at 5 days of a modified lesson plan and show educators that, with the right scaffolds, students of all abilities, levels, and types can be supported throughout a variety of classroom activities.
- Register: AIM-VA 101: How to get started - 9/26/2017, 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
Are you new to AIM-VA or do you just need a refresher course? This webinar will cover everything you need to know to ensure your students receive the AIM-VA materials they need. This step-by-step instructional webinar will include topics such as: adding students, how to certify students, ordering new and existing production, shipping materials to AIM-VA, and downloading materials. Come learn the basics!
- Register: Assisitve Technology Support for Student with Dyslexia -Guest Speaker Matt Newton - 10/5/2017, 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
Assisitve technology supports for students with Dyslexia can support not only their ability to read, but also their writing and mathematics skills. Many of these tools are available for free or low cost and can be accessed through devices that are already present in schools and classrooms. Join guest speaker Matt Newton as he gives an overview of these resources and how to use them.
- Register: Advocating for your child with dyslexia -Guest Speaker Jenna Hynes - 10/11/2017, 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
Session Description Coming Soon
By working with the divisions Assistive Technology specialist, this is ultimately a success story -- with a few acknowledgements of frustrations throughout the process over 3 years.
Jenna Hynes: Parent of a Student with Dyselxia - Decoding Dyslexia VA Henrico area
- Register: Virginia and Dyslexia with Guest Speaker Kim Bausum-Brown - 10/25/2017, 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
In certain circles reading disabilities have become a hot discussion point, which has lead to the creation of several national and state legislative actions focused on students with dyslexia. How does this legislation effect Virginia? How does this legislation help educators provide the appropriate instruction, accommodations, and assistive technology in your classroom? Join the VDOE's Dyslexia and specialized reading specialist, Kim Bausum-Brown, to find out what websites and resources you need to have in your “favorites”, and how to keep apprised on the most up-to-date information regarding our students and dyslexia.